Friday, August 5, 2011

a day at the river

Fishing is hard,we all know that.But for five amateurs(some more amateur than others)hard is hardly the word to use and in the end the assertion by some two non amateur idlers that ours were mere theatrics(or so i guessed they meant)proved true.Not to say that we were disappointed(at least for two of us i can speak for authoritatively)far from it,the environmentdown there was reward enough for us.That having been said let it be known that five perspectives of such a day can be as different or as similar as they can be.

Perspective 1
I love going along and not just with everybody but with my big brother and some other few people who i will not bother to mention.It gets even better when that other guy with funny curly hair,funny mannerisms and an impregnable heartas bro said and who latelymost have been mistaking for my brother comes along.Ultimately there were no fish despite the exhausting search for worms and my optimism.But they did laugh at my jokes,i got to see some old man mining,did talk to one of those kids wwho showed us the right way to fish and git snapped twice doing things i definetly do not do everyday.
Perspective 2
I love it when things get done and was not amused when we walked back empty handed.I mean first of all they force me to rush(smthn i rarely do)then they fail to catch any fish, Thoughts of fried fish had been running through my mind all night.I tried my best pulling up the fishing stick every so often to see if it had caught anything,I even caught the first and only fish and also got the biggest stick sure that i would have an advantage over the othersbut it all came to nought.Fried fish and anything else meaty and fried are still on my mind though,i just hope that that birthday party tomorrow is realized.
Perspective 3
Not so much the fish but the experience at the river was my main inspiration today.After some time i was sure we would not catch anything but that did not bother me or rather not as much as it did some other people.I am proud of myself though,maybe more than all the others.I provided maize,led the others to the river and along its banks and perhaps did the most fishing today.Thay were late though and one was even later than the rest and this same one showed some impatience later of which i was really not amused about.I also got that big fruit which i threw into the river shortly thereafter,for a stupid reason i admit very stupid.
Perspective 4
Other than that someone was not happy and i could see that he was not,I had a pretty good day.I wanted that fish real bad but it could never substitute chapati and beans so i was not that offended by our failure to land any catch or if i was it quickly faded.I have to say this though,it was superbly peaceful down there,the kind of peace my heart has been yearning for for years.Of course issues causing this lack of peace cannot be told to anyone.too big and besides what would they think of me,the epitome of success and the perfect model of a well raised child with a problem? no way.Any way i digress i got to find market and fast otherwise things will go south real soon.
Perspective 5
Its funny how small laughable issues cloud my mind.It however was a good day regardless.We did not catch anything and i was not surprised or offended by it.There were cute kids and some unsightly sights and my perception of some people was further cemented.In the end something about someone accusing the other of accusing them falsely and another about some other person drowning in 'mudness'are some of the numerous memories of the day etched on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment